Double Takes With Rebecca: f stops

OK folks, 
I know I am going to lose some of you on this one. 
I am going to write a four letter word:
"MATH."

I hate math.
But if you can watch this video 
and do NOT worry about the math - 
you'll learn a lot of valuable information about your camera. 

You do not need to understand the math to 
grasp the concept of f stops. 
But understanding f stops is key to improving your photography! 

This is the best tutorial I have ever seen on this topic. 
I never knew how the f numbers were derived before.



Comments

  1. great idea, no time to watch it now but i will shortly

    ReplyDelete
  2. One important missing fact in this video is that the square root of 2 is 1.414135623731. In order to do the math accurately and in a timely fashion before the subject moves, one needs to use another important formula missing from the video: E=MC2. By using Einstein's theory of relativity and moving at speeds approaching the speed of light, one can slow down time. This gives you the chance to calculate accurately. Or you can just click, hope for the best, and calculate later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will just do it Mark's way. Point and shoot.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: